The King Harold has been established as a public for more nearly 150 years (1868).
The current owner is Mr. David Bearman who agreed to purchase the public house ( as a bet ! ) in November 2006.
He bought it from ‘Punch’ after 4 years when he could really bring it up to date!.... Since then its had 4 refurbs, an established outside garden and beautifully designed outside bar to mention just a few things!
Kirsty and Stuart began running the King Harold in May 2016. In their first year they introduced home-cooked Sunday lunches, an annual ale festival and rejuvenated the Sunday night quiz. However, this is not the end of the story; as Kirsty says, “with all the work that is being done to the pub to make it fresher and more inviting, we must continually adapt and introduce new ideas to keep our regular, as well as new, customers coming back.”
As well as having a wide range of lagers and bottled beers, Stuart is proud of the changing ales he keeps in cask; he loves hearing about new local ales being brewed and does his best to get them in where possible. It is an exciting time for the pub a nd Stuart and Kirsty are looking forward to taking The King Harold forward for a long time to come.
Come and join us for a drink! Another refurb has just been finished internally which includes new windows and outside render which is currently being completely renovated! But we are still open as usual!!